Ingredients (1 serving)
- 2 slices Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat® bread, toasted
- 1 chicken breast, pounded thin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 slice Provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 roasted red pepper, sliced
1. Heat grill to medium-high. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides and place on hot grill. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until a thermometer inserted in the center of the thickest part of the chicken breast registers 165°F. Top with Provolone, close lid on grill and let sit until cheese is melted, approximately 1 minute. Remove chicken from grill and slice in two equal pieces.
2. Spread pesto on 1 slice of toasted bread. Layer with chicken and roasted red pepper. Top with second toasted bread slice and enjoy.